Monday, July 23, 2012

Fun, Bright, Tropical Bedroom Design





Recently I decided to change our bedroom since we got a king size bed.  My husband and I both love the tropics and anywhere warm, so what I decided to do was bring the tropics to our bedroom.  I painted the wall a light lime green color (daring), and added dark brown silk drapes to all the windows.  Our house is very unique, you can see that there is a glass sliding window that is between our bedroom and the hallway, I decided to put curtains on those as well.  I found some amazeballs decor at my favorite store and couldn't resist the ''pop'' of bright colors (burnt orange/red, lime green and golden yellow).  I had some lanterns that I mounted on the wall and put some candles inside.  On the floor I put some metal flowers that are suppose to be hung on the wall, however I liked the idea of it looking like a little garden...lol.  On our dresser I have some cute glass lanterns with a big vase of lime colored seashells and red twigs.  The settee in front of the bed is for our little dog so she can get up on the bed.  Right now I am getting ready to sew a few pillows in the burnt orange/red color to place on the settee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment