Monday, July 23, 2012

Living Room Makeover From Blah White to Sassy Bold Colors

Before

Before

 Before:  Plain glass end table
 After

 After

 After

After: Painted end table

 After:  Painted coffee table.
When we first bought this house in 2010 everything was painted white....boring!!!  I couldn't stand the brass fireplace and the tile so I painted it all black and hand painted the tile around the fireplace.  This fall I plan on taking the entire fireplace out and tiling the inside to place candles instead.  We did rip out all the carpet and put down some dark colored laminate flooring (love the earth tones).  Recently I started to do some experimenting with glass coffee and end tables.  I spray painted the bottom and it instantly looks like a new table when you flip it over.  You can see how boring the glass table top looks compared to the ones I just painted.  I painted the end tables a light golden yellow and the coffee table a reddish color.  The curtains I all designed/made myself with simple sheer curtain scarves.  It took a very long time with all the windows, but I think it looks really cool.  BTW, the dog sitting on our couch is just our little Pug Bella, she loves to act like a cat and look out at the wildlife.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of painting the back side of the glass tables! So creative!! I have the perfect little table to try this on. Thanks, Karissa!!

    ReplyDelete